The application deadline for the EU Settlement Scheme is the 30th June. If you are an EU citizen, non-EU family member of an EU citizen or relevant person from NI, you may be eligible for settled and pre-settled status. Find out more:
EU Settlement Scheme:
- As an employer, you are not required to communicate with your employee regarding the EU Settlement Scheme; it is the responsibility of the employee.
- Unless you are qualified to do so, you should not provide any immigration advice to your employee. You should direct them to the Home Office Website for official guidance.
Prior to 30 June:
- Until 30 June 2021, any EU citizen can prove their right to work through their valid passport or national identity card.
- Any non-EU family member can prove their right to work by providing their valid biometrics card.
- For those who have applied to the EU settlement scheme, you can also show your status online by generating a share code using the following LINK. This form of proof can be used after 30 June 2021.
After 30 June:
- The new immigration rules for recruiting people from outside the UK will apply, which can be accessed via the LINK
- Employers will not need to make retrospective checks for existing employees.
- Following the introduction of a points-based system in 1 January 2021, you now need to hire a a licensed sponsor to hire eligible employees from outside the UK. (This excludes Irish citizens)