Why Enter The NW Business Awards?
No matter the size of your business you can enter for a 2018 North West Business Award
Deciding which awards to enter could be challenging but it’s important to weigh up the time and effort it would take to enter against the potential gains. However, it’s not just the winning that counts - there are many benefits to just being involved in the process. Here are our top five reasons why simply entering an award could be good for your business:
1. Free PR and Marketing: Business Awards can be an overlooked tool in your marketing strategy. Just being shortlisted can improve brand awareness and promote your business to new customers. The awards application process and also the presentation can often provide opportunities for plenty of networking. Applying for, or better yet winning a business award, can open doors to getting contracts, finding new supply channels, and breaking into new markets.
Awards celebrate hard work and success and are great PR opportunities. It’s fantastic to be recognised so it’s important to make sure that people know what your business has achieved.
2. An opportunity to take stock: A Business Awards application process can often force you to look at your business from a different perspective and compare yourself to your competition. You’ll need to make sure that you stand out from the competitionwhether that’s through innovation, diversity, growth, customer service or your creative use of social media.
This will help you think about ways you could be doing things better and identify areas for improvement and is one of the ways your business could benefit that could be more valuable than even winning.
3. Credibility: A business award win, short-listing ornomination can act as a third party endorsement for your business. A win can give a seal of approval to your activities and is a sign of quality for potential customers. It can also help with relationships with suppliers. It’s a great way of differentiating your company from competitors and will send out positive signals to customers.
4. Employee Motivation: Awards recognise the hard work and achievements of your employees so winning one can help boost staff morale and improve motivation. Employees are focused on what’s great about the company they work for and can feel proud to be a part of it. This can be maximised by making sure staff feel they get the recognition they deserve by holding a staff meeting to celebrate your victory.
Bringing your staff to the gala awards ceremony can yield networking opportunities as well as being a great night out.
5. Competitive Advantage: Winning an award not only provides a great sense of achievement, it also provides a competitive advantage going forward for your business, in terms of attracting investment, recruiting new talent and attracting new customers. It can provide that distinguishing factor in a crowded marketplace and best of all, entering and winning a business award can be achieved at a relatively low cost or no cost at all.